by Chris Stewart
RIAS Sustainability Accredited Architect, RIAS Sustainability Assessor, Director of SEDA (Scottish Ecological Design Association), Director/ Architect at collective architecture
Prof. Sandy Halliday BSc(Hons) MPhil CEng MCIBSE FRSA , Principal, Gaia Research
Sustainability - what why how
What is sustainability
- Definition of sustainability
- A description of sustainability (eco minimalism / 5 elements )
- How does the RIAS describe sustainability (RIAS Sustainability policy)
- Are RIAS members aware of the policy
Why is it important
Present: Depleting resources / climate change / UN nations IPCC statement on climate change / Construction industry’s contribution / opportunity for change
Past: RIAS sustainability policy / accreditation, awareness of the past.
Future: Direction of RIAS / RIBA Ethics and Sustainability Commission
How to get involved
- RIAS Sustainability Accreditation / Promote RIAS Policy
- Link with existing organisations
- Existing publications (include Sustainable Construction Book Launch)
- GIA Sustainable portal (Chloe Yuill, Scot McAulay)
** All events start at 18:00 in the Billiards Room of the Mackintosh at the Willow in Sauchiehall Street with Teas and Coffee served from 17.30.**
Please book you tickets on our Eventbrite Page.
Season tickets £70 (7 CPD events)
Single CPD tickets £17
Free to full time students with a valid matriculation card (limited number of places available). Please write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place.
Event Details -
Access is via the retail entrance then lift or stairway.
All welcome to look around the exhibition area.
The Small Practice Group meet in the Conference Room, on the 2nd floor between 17:00 – 17:55.
Coffee, Tea, Water, Juice, Shortbread is served on the 2nd floor between 17:30 – 18:00.
CPD presentation in the Billiards Room, on 2nd floor between 18:00 – c.19:30.
CPD Certificates will be emailed after the CPD event. Please ensure we have the correct email address on the attendance sheet when signing in on the night.