Simpson & Brown

Mackintosh at the Willow

The project has been to restore the original Willow Tea Rooms building at 217 Sauchiehall Street to Charles Rennie Mackintosh’s 1903 design, whilst ensuring its preservation and sustainability for subsequent generations.

As well as a full restoration of the Tea Rooms, a new Visitor Centre has been created in the adjacent tenement building at 215 Sauchiehall Street, containing exhibition, education, conference, office, and kitchen facilities, and a shop.