Conservation and Sustainability Committee
The Conservation and Sustainability Committee was established in 2010 to promote good practice in conservation architecture and in sustainable design and to represent the chapter members to the RIAS in these specialist fields.
Our intention is to:
- Liaise with the public in advising on issues that relate to Conservation Architecture and Sustainable Design.
- Work with the GIA Practice and CPD Committee to review legislation and organise events.
- Encourage and assist chapter members in applying for RIAS Accreditation for Conservation Architecture and Sustainable Design.
- Liaise with RIAS Conservation and Sustainability Committees on these subjects.
- Provide ‘Architect in the House’ advice on Conservation Architecture and Sustainable Design related issues.
- Make contacts in and liaise with academic institutions, funding bodies, trade federations and other organisations that have an active role in the following in conserving and maintaining built heritage, and promoting/facilitating sustainable initiatives in the built environment.
- Lobby Historic Scotland and the Scottish Government on issues as they relate to Conservation Architecture and Sustainable Design.
- Comment on advice, information and funding initiatives issued by grant awarding bodies.
- Make contacts with other chapters, with the RIAS and RIBA, with other professional organisations and with other special interest groups.
If you wish to discuss any of the above, or wish further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.